Terms and conditions of the program
Terms and conditions of the program
These Terms and Conditions (hereafter, the “TC”) regulate the access and use of the Barceló Pro Rewards program, property of Barceló Gestión Hotelera, S.L.
Identification of the parties
1. The first party, Barceló Gestión Hoteleras, S.L. (hereinafter “Barceló”), with registered offices in C/ Rover Motta 27, 07006, Palma de Mallorca.
And the second party, the individual hereinafter referred to as the “Account Holder”, who registers as such in the Barceló Pro Rewards program (hereinafter the “Program” or “Barceló Pro Rewards”).
2.- The Account holder states that they are legally of age (that they are over 18 years of age) and that they have the legal capacity to register in Barceló Pro Rewards in accordance with the current GCs, which they comprehend and understand in their entirety. If a minor registers in the program, Barceló shall not, under any conditions, be responsible, and the minor, his parents or legal guardian shall bear any associated expenses.
3. The advantages of the Program may not be combined with any other card or program from the participating companies. The Account Holder shall be entitled to chose the program whose benefits he wishes to obtain.
4. The program's Account Holders are individuals who are professionals and retail travel agents (excluding online travel agencies) registered in the Barceló Pro Rewards program. Account Holders will receive a personal participation user code and password. Every code must be associated to one professional or agent, and to one company or travel agency. In the case of large networks with agreements with the Barceló Hotel Group, offices may also register whose agents share one user code and password to participate in the program if allowed by Barceló Pro Rewards.
5. The Program may unsubscribe inactive registered Account Holders who do not register any point-earning activities over a one-year period.
6. The points earned by an Account Holder shall be related to their work at the agency in which they are employed when they register in the Program; therefore, if the Account Holder leaves the agency where they were working when they joined the Program, they must redeem any points earned through the date when they leave the company, after being authorized to do so in writing by the agency's or company's director. If the director of said agency or company rejects the authorization, the points will be canceled. If a travel agent or professional is transferred to another office within the same agency or company, they may request for their points be transferred to a new account associated with the new branch/office.
It will be the responsibility of the Account Holder to ensure that the contact details provided on www.barceloprorewards.com are correct and updated. If it is not possible to provide points due to an error in the details provided or updated by the Account Holder, Barceló reserves the right to cancel the corresponding points.
7. Barceló, as the company that owns Program, reserves the right to withdraw the participation code, cancel the points account and hold the Account Holder of the Barceló Pro Rewards responsible for any improper or fraudulent use of the Program or for violating the rules and procedures contained in these GTC.
Purpose of the Program and earning points
8. The purpose of the Program is to undertake a promotion based on the Barceló Pro Rewards Account Holder earning points that can be redeemed for stays in participating hotels or for gifts from the catalog.
A) Registration on www.barceloprorewards.com: a) The Account Holder will receive 100 points when registering for the Barceló Pro Rewards program.
b) Importing bookings to www.barceloprorewards.com: The Account Holder will receive points for every room night booked in any participating hotel from the moment the Account Holder registers in the program. They will also be able to import all room nights or events booked in participating hotels in the program during the three months immediately prior to the date on which the Account Holder wants to import the booking, as long as the booking date is after the Account Holder's registration date in the program. Points will be added to your account once they have been validated by the hotel where the booking was previously made by the Account holder in the “Register Bookings” section.
A user registers in the program on January 1 and on July 1 wants to access his private area to register the following bookings:
1) Booking dated May 1: this booking can be imported because the booking was made within the three months prior to the import date.
2) Booking dated March 1: this booking cannot be registered because it was made before the three month-window that is available for registering bookings.
In both cases, the condition that the booking was made after the participant's registration in the program is satisfied.
c) From Barceló Pro - Importing bookings automatically to www.barceloprorewards.com: When booking through www.barcelopro.com the Account Holder must enter their Barceló Pro Rewards Account Holder code in the corresponding field so that the booking can be automatically imported into the account of the Barceló Pro Rewards Account Holder. All bookings made through www.barcelopro.com, will receive 10 extra points per Room Night. Points will be added to your account once they have been validated by the hotel where the booking was previously made by the Account holder in the “Register Bookings” section.
The points earned for each night booked are as shown in the table below:
c) Whenever the Account Holder takes any of the e-learning courses in the Program, they will earn 20 points. Each course may be taken as many times as desired, but the points will only be awarded the first time that the Account Holder correctly answers all the questions in the associated quiz.
10 -. Periodically, offers will be made to the Account Holder to multiply any points earned. These offers may not be combined. The one that earns the most points will be applied.
11. The points earned in the Program will not expire as long as the Account Holder registers one booking in the previous year. If the Account Holder goes more than ONE (1) year without making a booking, Barceló may either cancel all the points earned by the Account Holder or delete his account, as specified in point 5 of these GTC.
12. Any claim made by an Account Holder regarding invalidated points must be accompanied by the booking voucher or bill. There is a period of three (3) months from the date points are denied by the hotel to file a claim for the booking points. You can request it from the contact address: firstname.lastname@example.org
13. All the points earned by the Account Holder in the previous Barceló rewards program (Barceló Partner Club andBarceló BC) may be transferred to the Program. These terms and conditions shall be applicable to these points.
Category of Barceló Pro Rewards Account Holders
14. Barceló Pro Rewards Account Holders will be assigned to one of the following categories, depending on their balance and the e-learning courses taken.
15. The taking of e-learning courses to go up in category will only be applicable the first time that each of the courses available in the Program is taken.
16. Points accumulated in www.barceloprorewards.com may be redeemed for stays in participating hotels in the Barceló Hotel Group or for any item specified in the gift catalog, unless otherwise agreed with the participating travel agency or company. Points have no monetary value (cash), nor are they exchangeable for money, services or other goods apart from those specified above. The items offered in the catalog may be periodically reviewed and modified by the participating companies without having to notify the Account Holders beforehand.
The redemption of points is only active if the Account Holder has a minimum of 1,000 points obtained from validated bookings. No exchange can be made exclusively with the welcome points and/or those obtained by taking courses or other concepts not related to validated bookings.
17. Stays with redeemed points at participating hotels of the Barceló Hotel Group will be based on a double room with breakfast, or full board, when so offered by the hotel. These stays are only available to the account holder, who may be accompanied by an adult and, depending on the availability at the hotel, 3 children up to 12 years of age per room; the children's stays will be redeemed with extra points. The confirmation of the stay is subject to availability at the hotel in question.
Next, it is established how many points are needed to exchange for rooms in participating hotels, according to which hotel of the Barceló Hotel Group the reservation is to be made in: Check the points exchange table
The penalty for cancellation or no show of the bookings confirmed by redemption of points will be:
- Cancellation up to 3 days before the check-in date will not be subject to any penalty.
- Cancellation within 3 days of the check-in date will be subject to a penalty of the value in points of the first night of the booking.
- No show will have a penalty of 100% of the value in points of the booking.
- Once check-in has been made, the cancellation of days of the booking will be subject to a 100% penalty for the booking value.
In order to change a booking you first have to cancel the original booking (taking into account the cancellation penalties in the previous point) and then make a new booking.
18. The Account Holder must have all of the points required before redeeming them for stays or gifts from the catalog. It is possible to combine points and cash when redeeming stays. If this option is chosen and the availability of the room(s) is confirmed, the point value of the stay will be deducted from the account when the gift is requested, and the cash amount will be paid when checking in to the hotel. (This surcharge does not include local taxes).
19. All bookings made by redeeming points will be made through our website at least 5 days before the check-in date. Once the booking is confirmed, the points will be deducted from the Account Holder's account.
20. Items from the gift catalog will only be delivered in Spain. Account Holders not residing in Spain may redeem their points for stays in any participating hotel or for any of the e-cards offered through the Program.
21. Depending on the availability of the items in the gift catalog, the Program reserves the right to exchange a gift with another of equal or greater value.
Transferring points between Account Holders
22. Barceló Pro Rewards Account Holders may transfer points earned in the Program to any other Account Holder in the Program. Those points given away by the Program for free (such as the 100 points earned when registering) cannot be transferred.
23. Barceló does not authorize the sale of points among Account Holders; as a result, this practice is prohibited. Barceló reserves the right to cancel any points it determines were sold or transferred in violation of these GTC.
Additional Information for Barceló Pro Rewards Account Holders
24. Only one person may register as an Account Holder in the Program once.
25. All Account Holders that provide false or non-truthful data or who, in general, do not comply with the provisions of these General Terms and Conditions shall be excluded from the Program. Regardless of their exclusion, Barceló reserves the right to take any legal action it deems appropriate against the violators of this Program.
26. Barceló reserves the right to cancel holders who are making misuse of the promotion, who carry out fraudulent acts or prejudice other participants, or who establish speculation or business systems. In the event that Barceló or any company that is professionally linked to this Program detects any anomaly or suspects that an Account Holder is preventing the normal functioning of the Program by illegally altering their records through any technical or IT procedure, or by carrying out any fraudulent acts that contravene its transparency, Barceló reserves the right to cancel and even withdraw the incentive automatically and without any explanation, from all the Account Holders who have benefited directly or indirectly from this type of fraudulent activity, and may also be able to carry out all the civil or criminal actions that may correspond.
In this regard, Barceló declares that it has enabled suitable mechanisms and technological supports to detect any possible fraudulent, anomalous or malicious activity that attempts to alter the normal participation in the Program, such as registering the same person in the Program through different accounts.
27. Barceló reserves the right to take legal action against individuals who carry out any type of act that may be considered to be manipulation or falsification of the Program.
28. Barceló excludes any liability for damages of any kind that may be due to the temporary lack of availability or continuity of the operation of the services of the Program.
29. Channels: the Program reserves the right to change the booking methods that earn points without prior notice.
30. Every month, the Program will send a statement with information on the transactions made and the points earned or used. If this statement is incorrect, the Barceló Pro Rewards Account Holder must inform Barceló of this by providing the required documentation specified in point 12.
The Program will not be responsible for any rejected, lost or incorrectly sent email, nor for any typographical or printing errors in any communication of the Program, or any consequences arising from them.
31. If any of the companies participating in the Program were to unduly deny the awarding of points or other benefits to an Account Holder, the Program's liability shall be limited to correcting the error by crediting the points owed as soon as proof that the points were earned is provided by the Account Holder. Neither Barceló nor the Program accept liability for acts or omissions of the companies participating in the Program either in terms of the services provided or of their participation in the program, except for the correction of errors mentioned in this point.
32. Barceló and the other companies participating in the Program reserve the right to modify the active point tables, these GTC or any aspect of the program or the Account Holders' participation in it at any time and without prior notice.
33. Registered Account Holders may inform Barceló of their desire to terminate their participation in the Program at any time by sending an email to Barceló at email@example.com
34. Likewise, Barceló Pro Rewards may be canceled at the discretion of Barceló, which runs the program, in which case the company shall grant registered Account Holders a maximum of THREE (3) MONTHS to redeem their points. If the Program is canceled, and once the scheduled deadline is reached, all points earned by the Account Holders shall be automatically canceled. Barceló shall accept no liability for any losses or damages that may be caused to the Account Holder as a result of said cancellation.
Copyrights, trademarks, software
36. All the contents of the Program, including contents, marks, graphs, logos, icons, buttons, images and software, are the property of Barceló or its content providers and are protected by national and international industrial and intellectual property laws.
The selection, compilation, arrangement, programming, design and layout of all the website content is the exclusive property of Barceló and is protected by national and international industrial and intellectual property laws. All the software used on the website is the property of Barceló or its software providers and is protected by national and international industrial and intellectual property laws.
Any other use of the contents or photographs on the website is strictly forbidden, as is their reproduction, modification, distribution, transmission, subsequent publication, exhibition or representation, in full or in part, without the express consent of Barceló or its providers.
General information, applicable law and jurisdiction
37. Pursuant to Spanish tax laws, the prizes awarded by participating in games, contests, draws, or alternative combinations associated with the sale or promotion of goods or services are subject to withholding or income tax if the amount of the prize is in excess of 300 euros. The prize of this offer shall be subject to the applicable tax laws and to any implementing stipulations. Therefore, in compliance with the contents therein, the agency in charge of managing the program shall withhold taxes on any prizes awarded. Said withholding shall not be assessed on the winner as a necessary condition to award the prize; rather, it shall be the agency that shall pay this amount in advance. The agency may require proof of the winner's tax residence and apply the withholding specified in the relevant law based on the value of the prize awarded. In any event, the winner shall be responsible for complying with any tax obligations resulting from the prize received, in keeping with the information contained in the statement of tax withholdings and income that the agency charged with managing the program will provide to the winner. The remaining gifts earned by redeeming the program points do not require said withholding, since the gifts do not constitute income, as defined in Article 75 of Royal Decree 439/2007 of March 30, which approves the Regulation for Individual Income Tax. Nevertheless, in accordance with articles 33 and 43 of Law 35/2006 of November 28 on Individual Income Tax, it is the participant's responsibility to declare the market value of the gift received as a capital gain on his corresponding tax return. If you wish to obtain a certificate for the purposes of an IRPF declaration, you can request it through the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
38. Should any clause included in these general conditions be declared fully or partially null or void, all other terms and conditions remaining the same, this provision, or the affected portion of the same, shall be understood as excluded.
39. The Barceló Pro Rewards General Conditions will be governed in accordance with the current legal regulations in force in Spain. For any dispute arising from the interpretation and application of these GTC, the parties expressly submit to the jurisdiction of the Courts of Palma de Mallorca and expressly waive any other jurisdiction to which they may have recourse.